In 1993, Mary-Anne and Alastair Robb bought Cothay and lavished all of their energies and passion to create one of the finest gardens in England using the bones of the original garden structure laid out in the 1920’s by Col. Reginald Cooper.
He was great friends with all the gardening grandees of that era; Vita Sackville-West, Lawrence Johnston, Harold Nickholson and Gertrude Jeykell. Interestingly the gardens were laid out in 1925, ten years earlier than those of Sissinghurst.!
The house has now been sold and the Gardens will have a bright future with the new owners.